Protect Yourself From Unnecessary Fees
Balance Protection (BP)
Because nobody’s perfect...
Mistakes can happen – A small budget miscalculation or oversight can result in an unexpected shortage in your account. With our Balance Protection service, you can help ensure that your checking account is covered. There's no charge to enroll and you only pay for Balance Protection if you use it.
How it works:
If you happen to overdraw your account, funds will be automatically transferred from the assigned Overdraft Protection account to your checking account as needed to cover the negative account balance.
Accounts Eligible to be linked as a Balance Protection Account:
- Security Bank Savings Accounts
- Security Bank Checking Accounts
Ways to reduce or avoid Overdraft or Balance Protection Fees:
- Set up account alerts and receive email or text messages when your balance is low or when payments are due.
Call or stop by your local branch for additional details and get enrolled today!
Overdraft Privilege (ODP)
Mistakes can happen. Are you covered?
Overdraft Privilege Can Mean . . .
- You may avoid high charges from merchants for returned checks or automatic payments.
- You may avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of checks and automatic payments being dishonored.
- Payment of your occasional and inadvertent overdrafts up to your assigned Overdraft Privilege Limit of $800 or $1,500 will normally be considered. These limits include our customary fees set out in our Fee Schedule. Our fees will be added to any outstanding overdrafts you may have and will be applied against your Overdraft Privilege Limit.
If you have questions concerning the Overdraft Privilege Service please contact a Customer Service Representative at your local branch.
Have You Ever...
- Had the embarrassment and expense of a check or automatic payment returned NSF?
- Had a check denied at checkout?
- Forgotten to record a deposit? A purchase? A withdrawal?
- Had to “guess” at what transactions a joint owner has made?
We cannot promise or guarantee these things will never happen.
You Deserve Consideration…
Rather than automatically returning unpaid all insufficient funds items that you may have, we will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdrafts up to your assigned Overdraft Privilege Limit.
You do not have to apply for or sign any additional documents for this service for checks, ACH or recurring debit transactions. It is already a part of your Checking Account Agreement with us. With some exceptions, most of our checking account types, and individual accounts, are eligible for this service. See “Accounts Eligible for Overdraft Privilege” in our Overdraft Privilege Service Policy. If you want us to consider paying ATM and one time debit card transactions that would overdraw your account we need your affirmative consent to do so.
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call or visit one of our local branches.
If you do not use Overdraft Privilege it costs you nothing. “Use” means you initiate insufficient funds transactions.
If you do use Overdraft Privilege you will be subject to our customary fees set out in our Fee Schedule and Overdraft Privilege Service Policy.
We charge a $31.00 NSF Paid Item fee for each item that would create an overdraft on your account that is paid, and we charge a $31.00 NSF Returned Item fee for each item that would create an overdraft on your account that is returned. Charges will count towards the $800 or $1500 limit and will increase the outstanding overdraft balance. A non-sufficient funds/overdraft/negative balance may result from the payment of checks, in-person withdrawals, ATM withdrawals, or other electronic funds transfers; however, for personal accounts, we will not include ATM and everyday debit card transactions within our Overdraft Privilege Service without first receiving your affirmative consent to do so. The amount of any overdrafts including our fees that you owe us shall be due and payable immediately.